Friday, January 22, 2016

Google :: What has happened to sharing?

imageI must admit I haven’t been following changes in google photo (once upon a time it was the useful picasa web album, then the annoying google+ photos). It is getting more streamline but I was surprised something as simple as sharing via email has disappeared. specially not even sharing via gmail (or is there some other hoop google wants me to dive through for that).
Its becoming clear to me that google photo is chasing mobile phone uploads and then sharing with those social networks that google deem ok (only Google+, facebook and twitter), No email/gmail, flickr, tumblr, pintrest, etc. etc. Which adds up, I'm not sharing through them either.

Luckily the desktop version of picasa still lets me share via email (and resized the photo etc) from my computer not the cloud.

No comments: