Sunday, May 03, 2015

On phone editors

I was planning a comparison of snapseed versus lightroom mobile as a photo editors you can run on your phone.

They both work on my LG android phone. However  there can be no legitimate comparison after that. Snapseed which comes google these days. is free and super easy to use. To use lightroom mobile you need to subscribe to adobe's creative cloud.  Whilst the edit capability covers many of the features from lightroom's well loved develop module, the look an feel of the interface is really different, even some of the terminology is not the same and I found all this somewhat confusing.  The biggest disappointment came when I tried to share an edited photo, I could not do it from the phone at all  The software claiming I didn't have enough available memory (yet I had an almost empty 16GB microSD card installed, but lightroom apparently can't see this)/ Lightroom Mobile can and does synch beautifully back to lightroom on a desktop. 

So unless you are an Adobe fan boy, have a creative cloud subscription, have lightroom on your computer and don't want to share directly from you phone then snapseeed is a much better option for editing photo on an android phone.

View Of  Melbourne Taken on LG Phone & Edited in Spapseed
pity about the power lines
This post was sent from my android phone

No comments: