Sunday, September 28, 2014

Tale of Two Pano Stitchers


On my recent trip I had been giving google+ photos an opportunity to redeem itself (in my eyes). So most of my photo where running through auto-backup and thus into “autoawesome” algorithms. I took two separate sets of the back beach at Sorrento (the first above) just a set of overlapping photos. The second a set of overlapping bracketed photos (-1.5E,0,+1.5EV) with the sets overlapping in the same way as the first set (see result below).  The image above was joined  by the autoawesome *Pano feature, and shows a distinct wide angle lens perspective. The image below was first combined to increase dynamic range, using Autoawesomes *HDR features, I then downloaded these and used Autostitch to combine them, The differences are astounding! I expected the colouration and tonal difference but the perspective differences came as a bit of a shock.


No comments: