Thursday, May 08, 2014

The Patch :: In Search of Abstract Shapes

The Sun has been hiding the past few days, so I took the opportunity of a break in the clouds to head for the wonderful park of sculptures beside the Monash Gallery of Art. I have photographed some of the wonderful shapes before and figured they could make perfect abstract subjects. The photo above was taken straight up against one of the metal obelisks, the bird was a bonus. There are some more photos on my google+ stream. Whilst I enjoyed the challenge I realized I was just using someone else's creation. 

I figured I need to create what was an abstraction to me. I like photographing the natural world, it is man made objects that seem the real abstraction to me. So I decided to make my own abstract using everyday things in a combination of natural and artificial light,

No comments: